Who needs an overpriced day at the spa when you can use ingredients from your kitchen to make your face glow? Your skin needs food as much as you do, so try these simple at home recipes for face masks - and snack while you wait for them to work their magic!
Banana over Botox
Bananas are super moisturizing and will leave your skin looking and feeling as soft as a baby’s cheek. Simply mash up 1 banana and apply to face and neck. Add 2 teaspoons of honey if you also want to banish acne, and let sit for 20 minutes. Rinse with cold water and voila!
So Fresh and Clean
This fresh mask exfoliates while also nourishing with what you’ve got in your pantry. Combine the juice of 1 lemon with ¼ cup olive oil. Grind some cinnamon for acne control and mix together well. Let sit for 10 minutes and rinse with cold water.
Moisturize and Nourish
This mask is ultra hydrating, so use when your skin is feeling especially dry or flaky. Combine ½ cup oats (to soothe) with ½ avocado, mashed (to nourish) and 1 tablespoon honey and apply. Let sit for 15 minutes and rinse. Feel free to eat the second ½ avocado on toast while you’re letting your mask soak in.
This mask combines the antibacterial power of honey with nutritional yeast, packed with vitamins that also help fight breakouts. Steep 2 bags of chamomile tea and let cool. Combine 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast and 1 tablespoon honey and add in tea slowly, taking care not to add too much or mask will be runny. Apply, let sit 20 minutes and rinse with cool water.
Snack tip: Avocado toast topped with nutritional yeast - you are welcome for your new favorite snack - for both on and in your face!
You might also like:
- "Avoid Eye Area”...Which Products To Use Around Your Eyes
- Skin Care Tips to Combat Face Covering Problems
- 6 Best Beauty Subscription Boxes For Women That Are Worth It
- How to Help Your Skin Age Gracefully
- How To Make Hyaluronic Acid Serum at Home (Only 5 Ingredients)
- How to Bring a Golden Glow to Grey Winter Skin
- Don’t Put That On Your Skin! Which Beauty Ingredients to Avoid
- 3 Easy Ways to Make Homemade Rose Water From Rose Petals