Theodore Leather Messenger
Theodore Leather MessengerBy Mission Mercantile
$496.00 SHIP SEPARATELY
item ships separately
details & care
- Handcrafted with our signature thick, supple full-grain US steerhide pebbled Espresso leather
- Front flap has a strip magnet closure which ensures bag closes securely even when stuffed full
- Interior antique brass metal zippered compartment
- Exterior large rear pocket w/ magnet closure and zipper feature to allow Messenger to slip over and secure to a roller bag handle
- Artisanal leather/copper rivet feet
- Light brown linen lining with contrast pockets
- Full leather shoulder strap with padded microfiber shoulder pad
- Triple layered leather on bottom corners for super-durability to ensure your Theodore withstands anything your adventures dish out
- Antique brass metal hardware & zippers
- Leather zipper pulls
- Solid copper rivets at all stress points
- Strong UV and weather resistant marine grade polyester thread
- Mission Mercantile Lifetime Promise
- Dimensions: 17" W x 12" H x 4" D
- Weight: 4.2 lbs
All our products are made with high quality full-grain chrome and/or vegetable tanned leathers. We recommend a high quality leather conditioner such as Fiebing's Aussie Leather Conditioner. Depending on your use and conditions, you shouldn't need to condition it more than a few times/year, including "spot" conditioning when you see a dry area. That's the primary way you know you need to condition your product: does it look too dry to me? You just don't want to over-condition it to the point it feels to wet or oily.
All leather (full grain and others) may absorb spills if it's not sealed in some manner. Our leathers are sealed by our tanneries so that color doesn't "crock" (transfer) when it's rubbed. To further ensure that your fine leather good won't absorb a spill, you may further treat it with a product such as Fiebing's 4-Way Leather Care and/or Snow Proof Paste. First, be sure to test on a hidden or inconspicuous portion of the leather to ensure it doesn't change the look in some undesirable way.
If you do get caught in the rain, no worries. Simply wipe the excess water away as quickly as possible, let it dry naturally and any water spots should disappear. Once the leather has dried, recondition the leather. This is because water can dry the leather’s natural oils, so a good conditioner will help return the leather to a like-new condition.
Product Code: carro-4883962